To wake up early in the morning.
To clean one’s teeth with a Miswak.
To make Ghusul.
To wear one’s best available clothes.
To use itr.
NOT to eat anything before the Eid Salaah.
To recite Takbir of Tashriq in a audible voice while walking to the Eid Salaah.
It was the habit of Hazrath Sheikh Zakariyya (ra) to eat & relish the meat of qurbani for the 3 days of sacrifice. Hazrath used to eat the meat for breakfast, lunch and supper.
Despite the fact that Hazrath was a tea lover, he used to get soup made of qurbani meat cooked, and he used to have this for breakfast.
Method & Duas of Qurbani
- The animal that is going to be sacrificed should be fed and given water.
- The knife that is going to be used should be sharpened beforehand, and not in front of the animal.
- The animal should be laid down on its left side at the place of slaughter, face pointing towards the Qibla. دعاء should be read before slaughtering the animal.
- Animal should be slaughtered quickly with a sharp knife. When slaughtering, cut all 4 veins in the throat or atleast 3 veins should be cut with 3 strokes of the knife. Don't cut any more than 3 strokes which will cause unnecessary pain to the animal.
- As soon as the animal is cold, you should start skinning the animal. Do not skin the animal when it still has life, it should be completely dead before skining.
- NOTE: age of animal: camel should be 5 yrs old, ox, bull, buffalo should be 2 yrs old and sheep, lamb, goat should be 1 yr old. The animal should be a healthy animal with no defects.
Dua before and after slaughtering:
اِنِّى وَجَّهْتُ وَجْهِيَ لِلَّذِيْ فَطَرَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضَ حَنِيْفًا وَّمَا اَنَا مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِيْنَ اِنَّ صَلاَتِيْ وَنُسُكِيْ وَمَحْيَايَ وَمَمَاتِيْ للهِ رَبِّ الْعالَمِيْنَ لاَ شَرِيْكَ لَه وَبِذَلِكَ اُمِرْتَ وَاَنَا مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِيْنَ اَللَّهُمَّ مِنْكَ وَلَكَ
Trans: “For me, I have set my face, firmly and truly towards Him Who created the heavens and the earth. And never shall I give partners to Allah. Verily my worship and my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah, Lord of the worlds. O Allah! this sacrifice is from you and is for you”.
Ramadhan of the Pious (Akaabir Ka Ramadhan) by Sheikh Zakariyya (ra)
The practices of the saintly Elders during Ramadan have already been mentioned in the “VIRTUES OF RAMADAN”. Thereafter, while working on “AAP BETI” and upon the demands of some friends I also made mention of some of the practices and habits of Hazrat Saharanpuri (May Allah fill his resting place with noor). Now, because of the subject under discussion, I will again refer to those practices in the booklet.
A list of questions regarding how Hazrat Hakeemul Ummat Maulana Thanvi spent Ramadaan was sent to Kwaja Azizul Hasan Saheb. After receiving his reply, it was the request of some friends as well as my own desire to answer those same questions with reference to the Ramadan habits of Hazrat Saharanpuri. Hence, first of all, I shall write down those questions and then explain how Hazrat Saharanpuri, Moulana Khaleel Ahmad spent Ramadan.
LETTER ADDRESSED TO KHWAJA AZlZUL HASAN SAHEB:
Dearest Khwaja Saheb, (May Allah increase your worthy efforts). Assalamo Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah.
On hearing that you have been residing in Thana Bhavan for some time, I was greatly pleased. May Allah grant you many degrees of spiritual progress. The reason for writing this letters is to trouble you about something special, and after much thought I have decided to ask you a favour. At this time there is perhaps no one who has a more intimate relationship with Hazrat Moulana (Thanvi) than you. Hence it will be quite easy for you. It is my desire to find out what are the general habits and practices of Hazrat Moulana during Ramadan.